My makeup collection has grown in the last two months, at an unprecedented rate. I haven't even gotten round to using all my new things! It was my birthday in May, so some lovely friends gifted me some makeup, and I've treated myself to some new things too! I'm still getting round to using everything, so some review posts will be coming up. For now, here are the new items I've been loving in the past month or two!
01. Kat von D "Lolita" | This is the first time I've tried anything by Kat Von D, and I've fallen in love. The formula for this liquid lipstick is very thin yet opaque, and best of all, comfortable! I find this colour very unique too as I don't have anything like it. It's a dark colour on me, which I don't mind, but it would look like a beautiful nude on someone with darker complexion. I've been wearing this so much, and I even wore it on my graduation day! I definitely want to try out more colours from Kat Von D's liquid lipstick range.
02. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Shadow in "Silver Lilac" | I've said this a few times before on my blog: I'm a sucker for any purple makeup. This is the perfectly iridescent, shimmery, silver-lilac colour. This is also the first time I use a Bobbi Brown product. I like to use this lightly on the lid on its own over primer, or over a cream shadow. Unfortunately I only have one cream shadow from Maybelline so I'd love to experiment with different colours. The texture is a bit glittery/flaky, so I find it applies best with my fingertips.
03. Becca X Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette | I've written a review post with swatches here. Since I got this, I've been using it nearly every day. Blush is my favourite part of doing makeup, so you can imagine how much fun I've been having with this palette, and making combos with the blushes and highlighters. My most used blush in the palette so far is Pamplemousse, and the most used highlighter is Champagne Pop.
04. Essence Make Me Brow | Honestly, I've never tried any other brow mascara before so I don't know how to compare this. However, I'm really happy with this product. It is extremely easy to apply, it makes my brows look neat and tidy, and I don't need to use a brow pencil since it's tinted. It also has little fibres that make the brows look a bit fuller. The best part is that this is only $3.49 CAD!
05. Lorac Pro Palette | Yes, yes, I'm super late to jump onto the Lorac bandwagon. Lorac isn't sold in Canada, so I actually asked my family that traveled to the States to pick this up for me in Ulta. I don't want to talk too much about this because everyone either already has this or knows all about it from reading blog posts on it or watching youtube videos. Pointe finale, I've been reaching for this a lot, it's a bit powdery but the pigment is amazing. For my everyday eye look, I've been reaching for just the light shimmery colours and they are amazing at brightening my tired eyes.
Have any of you tried these products? And if anyone would like me to go more in depth on any of these items, please let me know!