Hi everyone! I know the idea of wearing no mascara seems crazy to most people. Mascara makes you look more awake and ties together a face of makeup. Furthermore, it's an absolute beauty staple. However, I think that if done right, no mascara can look fresh and pretty. It is definitely a daytime sort of look. I've found myself doing this look more often due to the fact that it's easy, and not putting on mascara is one less step do to in the morning.
Personally, I prefer that if I don't wear mascara, then I don't have anything at all on my eyes. However, if you want to put some eyeshadow on, I recommend simply putting a lightly defining colour in the crease, or a highlighting colour in the inner corner. That being said, here are some tips to make this trend into something wearable for every day.
- Have groomed brows. The eyebrows are super important in this look because they bring attention to the upper half of your face, despite the fact that your eyes are bare. Try not to have too many stray hairs as it risks making the look seem sloppy and not polished. As we are going for a natural look, they shouldn't be filled in too harshly.
- Natural glowy skin. I recommend using a foundation with a natural finish; not luminous, nor matte. Just natural. I used the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. To amp up the glowyness I put Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter on my cheekbones and brow bones.
- Some colour/definition to the lips. In the look above, I opted for a lightly applied coral lipstick. You can also use a lipstain. I wouldn't go for a heavily lined lip because it risks completely taking attention off of your eyes. If you want to go for a darker colour, I think it helps if it's glossy.
- Curl the eyelashes. Just because you don't have on mascara doesn't mean you need to skip curling lashes! It really does help at making your eyes look more awake.
- Add blush or bronzer. Definitely apply it with a light hand! I think that adding blush or bronzer also gives balance if you applied colour on your lips.
I think it is definitely hard to part from the beloved mascara. If you have very fair hair (i.e. blond eyelashes) that you think seem "invisible" then maybe put a light coat of brown mascara, just enough to tint the eyelashes.
Is anyone feeling this trend at all? Let me know what you think!